Our Primary Prevention Training team at SASS delivers a range of training programs and workshops, for children, teenagers and adults. These include programs tailored for workplaces, social and sporting clubs, entertainment venues and organisers, schools, colleges, university and various other settings. The content and duration of our workshops is designed to meet the identified needs of the audience.
The main Primary Prevention Training (PPT) programs include:
Professional development workshops
- specialised content tailored to organisation or industry groups, including the community sector
- designed to empower participants with skills they need to minimise harm and assist others in trauma recovery
- fee-for-service workshops, which can be delivered on-site at any location in Tasmania.
Contact our PPT team to discuss your needs and requirements.
- commenced in 2016
- in late 2018 we were recognised with a National Crime Prevention Award for this program
- continually updated to ensure content is current, and aligned to topical issues and developments (including sexting, online pornography)
- the program includes a workshop for parents/guardians, a workshop for school staff, and a series of class workshops for students
- ages range from year 3 to year 12.
Download our Schools program PDF here and view a video from one of our recent school visits below.
Ticketed training workshops
- open access to members of the public
- workshop dates are advertised on our website, our Facebook page, and emailed to our newsletter subscribers
- ticketed training workshops are usually face-to-face and held in various locations around Tasmania. From time to time we may also offer online training webinars.
Bookings are now open for our Sexual Trauma 1st Aid workshop being held in Hobart Wednesday February 9th, 2022. Download the flyer or book your tickets now!
Other training and professional development
When opportunities arise we offer collaborative workshops with other relevant organisations. In 2020, we presented three webinars as part of Daniel Morcombe Foundation's Changing Futures program. The webinars we presented include Identifying and Responding to Harmful Sexual Behaviour, Safety Planning with Harmful Sexual Behaviours, and Dealing with Disclosures of Abuse.
We have a vast and varied range of experiences among our professional training team members. In 2020 we were proud to have one of our facilitators deliver a TED talk on listening to your body's signals.
Below you will find a selection of workshop outlines can that be combined and/or developed to suit the particular needs of your organisation or group. To find out more information or to request a quote, you can contact our SASS Primary Prevention Training team on (03) 6231 0044 or via email @email or you can complete the enquiry form at the bottom of this page.
SASS training events are engaging, dynamic, and interactive. Our educators are tertiary qualified with extensive experience working across a broad range of disciplines including trauma-informed care and practice and working with survivors of sexual assault. SASS is a unique training provider, with sessions delivered in Tasmania supported via our counselling service if participants require support.