SASS is a not-for-profit community-based 24/7 crisis response and counselling service supporting people affected by sexual assault. Through our Primary Prevention team, we develop and deliver training, workshops and other health promotion activities, many of which are on a state-wide basis. SASS is guided by trauma informed principles, and highly values diversity, continuous quality improvement and staff development.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the SASS leadership team in the role of General Manager – Primary Prevention.
Based in Hobart, the role is responsible for leading our primary prevention programs, including training and health promotion activities, and will work closely with the CEO to ensure achievement of the SASS strategic plan and operational objectives.
We are seeking someone with extensive management experience within a team environment, who has a demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and support a staff and shape a positive and respectful workplace culture.
Experience within a training organisation / an RTO, would be particularly relevant as would be experience managing a group of people in the service industry who work with external stakeholders.
SASS has continued to experience significant growth in demand for all our services over recent years, including our primary prevention workshops and training programs. This role will be integral in leading our organisation to meet our current needs, and develop future opportunities.
If you have the experience and drive to join us in this leadership role, we invite your application. Further information, including the position description and selection criteria, can be downloaded here
Additional enquiries can be directed to CEO Jill Maxwell via @email
How to apply
- Applications are open until midnight on 1 March 2023
- Applications must be submitted via email to: @email and marked to the attention of the CEO
- Applications must include:
- A covering letter addressing the selection criteria (outlined in position description)
- A copy of your current CV
- Copies of relevant qualifications
- Contact details for two professional referees
- a current National Police check, Working with Vulnerable People Card and proof of COVID vaccination are requirements for all SASS employees
- this position is being readvertised - previously applicants are welcome to reapply