SASS is a not-for-profit community-based 24/7 crisis response and counselling service supporting people affected by sexual assault. SASS is guided by trauma informed principles, and highly values diversity, continuous quality improvement and staff development.
We are seeking applications for a passionate, energetic clinician with trauma informed expertise, to join our team on a part-time basis (0.6 to 0.8 FTE). The role encompasses working within both our general counselling program at the SASS New Town office and our Therapeutic Prison Program (delivered out of the Risdon Prison Complex).
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Have at least two years post-qualification counselling/therapeutic experience using a range of trauma informed therapies;
- Have experience working with people who have experienced trauma; and
- Want to use your experience and skills to support clients on their journey to recovery.
A current National Police Check and Working with Vulnerable People Card are requirements for all SASS employees.
All SASS employees are entitled to fully salary packaging benefits, individual professional development budgets and additional leave over the Christmas period.
Further information, including the position description and selection criteria, can be downloaded here. Additional enquiries can be directed to @email
How do I apply?
- Applications are open until 5pm on Thursday 9 March 2023
- Applications must be submitted via email to: @email
- Applications must include:
- A covering letter outlining what you will bring to the role
- A copy of your current CV
- Contact details for two professional referees